Wednesday, December 14, 2011

He Orders Our Steps And Directs Our Ways

This week I was given the opportunity to be sign up for a job assignment that will occupy me from Tuesday through Friday. This was Monday, while I was working on a separate assignment. As I pondered how to response, "wonderful, sure, why not!", something in me was quietly saying, "Easy, not Wednesday. Say no to the Wednesday". Just shortly (few seconds, maybe) after, I find myself saying, "I'll take the Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, but not the Wednesday".

I can't believe I just said "NO" to an opportunity to work a full week. Isn't that what I've wanted, to work the entire days of the last week before the holiday break?. I asked myself over and over again, and I even started to beat myself up for it. I wanted to go back and say, "I'll take the Wednesday too", but the assigning manager came over to inform me that they found someone to take the Wednesday slot and then she thanked me for working with them on the assigned schedules.

Well, I got home Tuesday night from work, and my older son, who is in high school, wanted me to know that I'll need to pick him up from school earlier that Wednesday, that is, the Wednesday that I wasn't scheduled to work. Why?, I asked him.

You see, it's final exam week, and he'd only have one exam on that Wednesday. That would be in the early morning. Most students will be in and out since many (including my son) have exempted some of their finals. The school is encouraging that students be picked up after their exams so as to discourage them from roaming around an almost empty school and hallways.

My other son, who six, and in first grade has a school party on that Thursday, which I completely forgot. To play our part, there are some things that I needed to get for the party. And then, there was this problem I've been having with my truck, and some other minor things that I've been putting off.

If I didn't have this Wednesday to myself, I wouldn't have been able to pick my son up from school, shop for my other son's Christmas party, fix my truck, take a break enough to realise what God is doing all around me.

It didn't seem so at first, but I believe that God has a hand in this. He that holds the future in the palm of His hands. My helper and my Lord directs my paths, and orders my steps. He made it possible to write this post too, because I did it on that Wednesday.

The steps of the righteous man are ordered by the Lord. Psalms 37:23

Maybe you find yourself struggling with a decision you've made or need to make. Know this, if you are a believer, be rest assured that though you may not know what lies ahead, but if you will just trust that Christ's got your back, that He knows what you may not know, and He sees what you can't see, then it shall be well with you.

Only trust Him. For "...He he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold (Job 23:10). God Almighty will direct your path. Just trust Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment